Monday, February 4, 2013

"Man in the Glass"

Padre, all I've got to say is! RAVENS WIN! RAVENS WIN! RAVENS WIN! I heard all about the game from multiple sources, Ravens nad 49er fans alike. I knew that the Ravens had it this year haha. Yesterday when we went out to go to a few appointments we were knocking on doors on the way when we realized... the Superbowl was on.... Knocking doors was a deadly thing to do during the game, we decided that sometimes having the faith to find also requires having the knowledge to know when you shouldn't interrupt a bunch of drunk angry 9ers fans in the middle of the most important game of the year. There were many drunk and angry 9ers fans, we decided to not knock on doors shortly after we begun for our own safety haha (especially when I would notion that I was happy that the ravens were winning hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha). Still working on not getting myself in trouble from time to time. You're gonna have to give me some names of those pps coming out to my area. Also! I can't believe that Brandon is going to Elder Bullcuts mission, thats just crazy talk! Also did I give you permission to let Liam ride a bike w/o me? did I? that's what I thought, you're grounded go to your room, this is just not acceptable young man! That kid is almost as tall as Alex is now, or maybe Alexi Stukov has grown as well? Tell them to stop it haha I get to burn my tie this week! I guess you burn a tie at 6 months, then a white shirt at a year! This week we've done some crazy stuff. We have a whole ton of new investigators, I'm starting a multi-stake B-Ball thing on Thursdays for investigators and missionaries and other friends, I'm pumped for that. We are working our tails off, I can't remember Tuesday from Wednesday anymore, its just one long day of missionary work that just keeps on piling up! SO MUCH TO DO, absolutely not enough time... How are Jas, Kev, Steph, and lil Kayla doing? haven't heard about them in a bit? I have a question that perhaps you can give me some insight into. I've been struggling with this for awhile now, it's killing me. I can't decide where my faith and my works have an end and others agency begins. I've been busting tail with a few people and I just can't figure out weather its my own faults or just them not wanting to change. I know I have room to improve but I also have to wonder if I've done all I can do by the Lord, and I'm going to the realm of what I want for them and not what the Lord wants for them. I guess another way to look at it is what are some ways that I can better know where the Lords wants ends and my own selfish ambition begins? It's been stumping me.. Whatever advice you have is appreciated, I love ya padre, I hope you two newlyweds are having a blast! I love ya'll and I thank you so much for all the support that you are to me. Go read the Infinite Atonement, I just ordered it and I'm gonna give it a try, tell me what you think. Also if you could pray for Tim Brown, Doug Slueter, Daniel Coats, Amber and Ryan Garland, Shane Voore, and the Towners that would be appreciated, they are investigators and they just need some help. I love ya'll keep me posted!
 
Elder Larsen Sr.
 
P.S. tell Antonelli I say whats up as well as Tom Tom, and Bro. Masters and Teuscher. Bummer about Teusch getting kicked out of young mens..
 
 
Kaite Sue Bug Susan Kiethburg McSlaghlin
 
Sounds like you have had a crazy week haha! Platos is keeping you on your toes! I know what that feels like from the other end now, I've had my fenders stolen and my bike seat. Its a total pain in the behind (literally) harharhar. You're getting OLD! what the heck are you doing going into your Senior Year next year! That's just wrong. I feel like I missed out on a lot of good family time by not kicken it in the Flat as much, something I'll repent of someday. Unless all ya'll people get married on me and such, sounds like ya'll got some kind of love sickness going on over there. I know nothing of the Seminary thing haha I didn't take it my Junior and Senior year haha I wish I did now, Seminary kinda puts you ahead out here. All of the times that you perform anything you need to get some vids for me so I can check em out. Madrigals is awesome, you would rock, and roll, and have a ton of fun. Anything that you can do in school DO IT, it'll be well worth it. I'm glad to hear that you're working hard still, you don't even know what kind of favor you're doing yourself. Keep active and keep being yourself. One thing I've learned from this area is that if you're not being yourself, if you're trying to be something you aren't then you're lying. You have so much to love about you, we all do. I love you Kate, I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well. I've gotta get going but I'll talk to you next week. Love Ya
 
Elder Larsen Sr.
 
When you get what you want in your struggle for self
And the world makes you king for a day
Just go to the mirror and look at yourself
And see what that man has to say.

For it isn’t your father, or mother, or wife
Whose judgment upon you must pass
The fellow whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the one staring back from the glass.

He’s the fellow to please – never mind all the rest
For he’s with you, clear to the end
And you’ve passed your most difficult, dangerous test
If the man in the glass is your friend.

You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
And get pats on the back as you pass
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you’ve cheated the man in the glass.

A really cool poem, I love this one

No comments:

Post a Comment