Monday, October 28, 2013

Huge service week for Jeremy

So this week has been nuts. Long and short, tiring but amazingly reviving. Something of a conundrum I guess. It has consisted of milking cows, Elder Moon setting his first baptismal date, exchanges with priests and having super spiritual experiences with them, feeding pigs, feeding chickens, cleaning up the Trinity Evangelical church, crazy basketball, and teaching 2 different classes at church off the cuff. I'm grateful for the Presents that you sent. I'll tell ya its been a life saver.... That flannel shirt has been a Godsend for sure. I wore it to all of the service we did Friday and Saturday and it warm, thick so I didn't get cut up, and cozy. Life was good and you were inspired! Sister Gruber is awesome haha Her daughter is on a mission and she sent us to go visit her boyfriend. He listens to the same hardcore that I listen to so we had a great talk. Not to interested in the Gospel but hey, still a good guy, has good taste in music and he wants us to come back anytime. He listens to Christian Metalcore (The Chariot) so he's religious lol I've learned over the last few months how much I love to sing. I've made hardcore versions of a lot of the hymns and I've also made some of my own lyrics. I may want to dabble in a hardcore Christian group given the opportunity one day. Also going to learn how to play the piano and a few other things. I'll tell ya I was getting a bit bummed out about missing Jason's wedding. Seeing how tall Alex was and then just hearing how much is changing was getting me down earlier today (b-ball helped me get the lame feelings outta me a bit). But then I had the thought and the Holy Ghost reminded me of the blessings of sacrifice. I had wanted to just forget about my B-day because I didn't want to focus on it so I could just focus on helping Elder Moon become the best he can be; then later in the week I start thinking about myself and wanting to be with ya'll again and I recognized that I was being selfish. In many ways I am gaining more then I'm giving out here. I've started to understand who I am, how to be successful in the future and I'm gaining a closeness with the savior that isn't available any other time in my life. I get 2 years of crash course coming to know Christ and I was longing to do something else. Pretty lame on my end haha I was reading in Matt. 10 these verses and at first it felt harsh but I am coming to a better understanding of their meaning now. 34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. I've loved reading more about the savior over the last few weeks. Its really opened my eyes to a new world. I love you very much and am so grateful for everything that you have done for me. I do miss you, but I know how much more I have to do out here. I love life right now, I've never been happier since I've decided to lose my life in the service of him. I still have a long way to go. I still have moments when I look back at my previous life and feel shame but I know that this is the only opportunity that I have to right the wrongs I've done and to come unto Christ. Tell Kate she should definitely enjoy a good year of college first, it will really help her with adjusting out here. It's been rough for my boy, but he's doing a lot better. We've seen a ton of miracles since he got here haha. I had no Idea Gordo was getting hitched also that's nuts! Tell him I wish him well and am so grateful for all that he has done for me. I sent a box with a bunch of stuff. A letter for kev and Jason's B-Day present. Tell Kevin and Jason I love them. Good luck with the wedding! I hope it goes great! Get some movies of it! I don't know if the car thing will work sadly unless I worked it out with the Pres, which is possible. I'm either 4 weeks before or after Bullcut so I dunno how we would work it unless I checked out in the middle of a transfer. Also tell Kev he better save those pokemon games, I'm gonna need to play all the ones I've missed. Well I love ya and hope that you have a safe week and a great time at the wedding Tell Jason and Jennica how happy I am for them and thank you again for the presents! I've got a picture with all of it I just need an adapter for my SD card, I'll get that this week. Love ya good luck with the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment