Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Jeremy and "P-Moments!"

Padre, sorry for not getting a letter out to ya last week. Turns out we don't get Pdays, we get P moments. This has been the longest few weeks of the mission for sure. We had our MLC and we didn't have a system for accountability that was very acceptable so we started working on getting he numbers from 2013 to up to date so that we could start to measure the growth of the mission. As a mission we went through a personal sanctification to create a Christ like culture in the mission. Now we are on to making the missionaries productive, one of the ways we are trying to do that is by adding to our culture a culture of accountability. Unfortunately the last year it hasn't been a big deal so our record keeping has been shoddy at best... So we have been working through several sources to create accurate graphs. This has caused many many many many long nights... Norton and I figured it out last night, if we were being paid 12$ Every hour and we were pulling the hours we have been for a year we would make 116,000$. Not bad for a 22 year old. My mind and commitment has really been put to the test here haha we haven't been able to get out and do as much proselyting as I would like to, however, I am happy to be doing whatever God asks of me. Go and read the conference talk by Packer "called these things I know". The poem he wrote accurately describes how I feel about where I'm at with the mission. We did set up a baptism last week and I'm going to be going to another baptism back in Dairy Creek for a guy that I was working with out in Forest Grove. Some more cool news, a family that I was working with, the Marck's are moving to Utah, Anne is a gal that is a RC from Salem. I'm pumped they will be back, I love em so much. We'll definitely have to kick it with them. They are a fantastic family that will really help build the kingdom. On top of the fact that they really are just great friends now. I had a dream about being in southern Utah haha we all went down there last week! That's awesome you got to go to the Holy of Holies, that would be intense... We are going to the temple tomorrow, which is going to be so so sweet! It's going to feel good to get some revelation in there. Please tell everyone, Gma B, Gma A, and Gma F, Kevin, Jason, Katie, Darlene, Steph, Lisa, and errybody else that I love them! I love the gospel of Jesus Christ; because of Him I have felt joy and we all can experience it as well. Ya'll sound like life is crazy as ever. I'm learning so much in this calling and I am grateful for the opportunity you have given me to be here. On the bad news side I've lost my mission card again. In this calling you can only remember 3 things at a time that really need to be accomplished but you have 7 other things that badly need to be done. The trick is having your companion remember 3 other things and have no overlap haha. Really though, I can't remember almost anything anymore, I feel like my mind is slipping slipping... Into the future.... Oops sorry, music quote haha. I love ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment