Monday, July 29, 2013

Jeremys insights on Quentin Cooks talk

Pres. (503) 602-1367, Sister (503) 602-1722

Salem Mission Office
700 Deborah rd. suite 260  
Newburg, Oregon 97132

Send this to everyone! This is the new mission home address!


On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Jeremy Larsen <jeremyl@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Also I have been talking to a few docs that work for Samaritan hospital here. IHC ALL DAY! Bro Larsen, who is an OB/GYN btw (crazy huh) He is in from 630-8pm all the time... Blew my mind. I told him there was a better way, and its was called Utah hahaha He agrees but he doesn't want to uproot the family and start at square one again with work. Just interesting stuff haha.


On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Jeremy Larsen <jeremyl@myldsmail.net> wrote:
So which Megan we talkin about? is there more then one Megan? We talkin Megan Cambell?? She's goin on a mission? I didn't even know hahaha. The best advice that I would have for anyone goin out on a mission right now get involved in a lot of prayer, a lot of fasting and study of PMG. Sanctify yourself now so you don't have to do it on your mission and it makes life a lot better and easier. I've learned that if we aren't obedient to God's commandments then we are unclean and so then we aren't able to receive blessings of the spirit because it can't dwell with us. That much goin on doesn't even sound like vacation hahaha I definitely will those good times, but luckily for me, mountains are fairly sturdy and don't like to get up and move around to much. So they will be there when I am going to need to use them. As for now I feel like the Lord is blessing me a whole ton just to keep me occupied so I don't think of camping haha We've moved 2 pianos and helped 3 people move out of there house and into a new one. Also have you ever heard of Cleon Skousen?? He is an old BYU teacher, he's pretty awesome.. He's made me want to actually study a whole bunch of stuff. One day.. On the topic of BYU, it doesn't seem as crazy to me to want to go to school there. Also We had an awesome discussion at church on Quentin L Cook's talk on Personal Peace: The Reward of Righteousness.. Which reads to me "the reward of obedience". So we got talking about what the worlds version of peace is and what eternal peace is. What it came down to the worlds idea of peace is  this: The absence of adversity. While eternal peace is: best described in 2nep 2:25 "..that we may have joy." Now both of these ideas have been fought about once before somewhere... Like in heaven before we came here. So the idea that the world's idea of peace is in support of Satan's plan is a very disturbing thing. He's got a pretty good grip on the hearts of all of us, but also of all of our government. Its a dark thought. There is a guy in our ward, Bro. Davis, that has become quite a role model in the ways of teaching for me. He only asks inspired questions and follows up with one or two sentences that are just as inspired haha. One of the things that he said was something I'll quote for the rest of my life for sure. "As we become more secular as a society, we begin to lose a wide scope of our liberties". Now why is that? Its something that I've given a good deal of thought on and I have many ideas, to many to write. Its crazy to me that we are fighting the same battle that we were in heaven before. Its something I've always known, but never really applied it to that train of though. Its been a crazy week though. We have a 14 year old, Justin O' Keefe getting baptized this saturday. Keep him in your prayers. I love ya'll and hope all is well. Tell everyone that I say hello and that I love them very much and pray for them often. Hope you have a great week and great vacation time. Be safe!

Elder Larsen Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment