Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Jeremys Testimony

Hey family, this week has been incredible. I've loved everything about this holiday season. I've been reflecting on my last year and I have had quite a bit of joy in doing so. I can soundly say that this last year was the happiest of any that I have lived. I am so happy to hear that all of you have had a great holiday season. 2013 was a full year of missionary work... I'm so grateful for the things I've learned this year and the experiences that I've had. I now know, that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, here to bless us and help us be more like our savior. I know that this Church, is Christ's church established on the earth again. I know that we all have a Heavenly Father who loves us more then we can imagine. I know that thanks to Jesus Christ I can return home and be with my family forever. I know that He has redeemed my soul. I have developed such an incredibly strong love for the people in Oregon and for God. I cannot imagine these people going without the blessings of the Atonement and I can say, that this last year I have tried with all my heart, might and strength to bring these people to the blessings that Christ has made possible. I have a lot to work on still especially when it comes to getting my whole mind involved in the work but I have made huge strides in being able to free my mind. I can say that there are maybe 5 other missionaries in this mission that love these people the way I do. I love them so much I can't imagine not being here with them. I have been studying John 15:13 and just what it means to lay down ones life. I am doing everything in my power to do this in as perfect a way as possible. I love this mission, I love my companion, I love the Fraser family, the Iversons, Janelle Ackerman, Rose-Cole, James and Lyndsey Marck, and the many others we work with. I love God and Jesus Christ, I love all of you. I hope that this New Year brings you the peace that I've been able to find out here on my mission. I pray that you will be filled with Charity and with a desire to help others feel of the Love that our Savior has for them. Again I know that Jesus Christ has redeemed me; all he asks is that I love him, and I am earnestly trying my hardest to love him. Elder Larsen Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment